You've probably heard about the NAKED 1 + 2 palettes. Those were a huge success but a little bit expensive. Those are not trendy anymore a while now, but finally the drugstore made a nude palette. Catrice designed this Absolute Nude palette. It has 6 colors and I have been using it almost everyday lately. I really love the colours.
The Catrice Absolute Nude Palette in 010 All the Nude is available at the drugstores for only € 4,99.
Normally I don´t like the brushes that come with eyeshadows but this one I really like. I don´t use the sponge-side but the brush on the other side is amazing. Really soft and perfect for blending.
The palette cantains 6 colors. Catrice didn't gave them names but I will describe them or you.
- Very light, soft, shimmery peachy beige.
- Soft pink.
- Bronze with a pink undertone
- Bronze with a golden undertone
- Dark brown with silver shimmer
- Dark brow with a taupe undertone a golden shimmer
Now the swatches:
On the picture above you see the shadow after I made a look with it. You can really see how amazing the quality is. There're almost no crumbly things. Well done Catrice!
How I made the look:
- Apply an eyeshadow base (Essence, I Love Stage Eyeshadow Base)
- Sweep the third color of the Absolute Nude Palette all over your lid.
- Use the first color as a highlight in you innercorner an don your browbone.
- Apply the fifth color in you crease and blend it all together.
- Use the last color as a liner for a natural look or use a bold eyeliner like I did. This gives your look more dimension and depth (Maybelline, Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Liner, 01 Black).
- Apply you favorite mascara (Maybelline, The Falsies Volum'Express Mascara, Flared).
I'm very pleased with the palette and I'm using it on a daily basis in combination with another, brighter color. On the back the palette it says that is has a mix of matte and shimmery colors, but all the colors are shimmery.That's the only con I could find.
This is 010 All The Nude and I genuinely hope they bring out more variations of it. Maybe one with just matte colors or an absolute color palette. That would be amazing.