Friday 1 November 2013

Halloween cake bites!

Hi Guys!
As you most likely know, it was Halloween yesterday!
That means a lot of scary costumes and a lot of candy.
I decided to make cake bites together with my two little sisters.
Great fun to do, and a pleasure to eat!
And I can say, it turned out kinda scary...
Get ready for some pics...



   
  

   

How I made these!

I have a confession to make... I'm not a kitchen princess, so I just used a box mix for cake bites :-).
To still give it an own twist, I decided to mix in three teaspoons of lemon flavor/aroma.
After that, I seperated the dough in to two bowls. One bowl I dyed green using food dye (1/6 blue, 5/6 yellow) and the other bowl I attempted to dye orange (1/2 red, 1/2 yellow) but the colour didn't turn out as bright as I tought it would, so make sure you use enough... dye. I did a kind of spiderweb effect, but you can't see it because of the 'frosting'. For the frosting you can just use powder sugar with very little bit of water and then dye it red to look like blood. Then I cut out (using a cutter) some pumpkins to decorate out of edible paper. I bought some halloween candy, and now you can start decorating!

Have you made some Halloween treats yourself?

xXx Imke

No comments:

Post a Comment