It has been a huge trend lately: Blue eyeshadow.
So when this blue eye shadow trio got send to me,
I got really excited to try it.
It's the Rimmel London Glam'eyes trio eye shadow in 700 martime (gosh what a long name)(€9,99).
the opened eye shadow trio
the sponge applicator that comes with it
close-up of the instructions
Close-up of the shadows
My first impression of the palette is good. It has a simple solid package with enough instructions and information. What I don't get is that it says it 'complements' brown eyes. I have blue/green eyes, but I'm still going to use it. On the back of the package it tells you how to make two looks. Neither include all of/only the colours in the palette, which is kind of weird. The eyeshadow trio comes with a sponge applicator, which I never use. I just don't like the effect it gives. The applicator has one pointy and one round side. If you don't have/use brushes, it is usefull that the applicator had two different sides.
I'll be doing two rows of swatches: one without and on with eyeshadow primer. Left is without and right with.
the primer I used (from essence), it's the nicest budget eyeshadow base I know!
As you can see, the texture of the swatches with primer (the ones on the right) is a lot finer. Also the colours come out a lot better, however I would have liked it better if the 3rd shade would have been darker. They suggest using it as a kind of eyeliner, but I think it isn't even dark enough to apply in the crease. The Texture of the shadows is very soft. This is a picture from the palette after making the swatches:
It is very hard to keep the black plastic and the transparant cap clean, which I don't like because I like to keep my palettes clean. The pigment of the shadows is great, and I espicially love the white highlighter. Altough the pigmentation is great, I wish the bottom shade had been darker.
- Pretty colour
- Swatches show good pigementation
- Practical packaging with clear instructions and information
- Highlighter works great on the brow bone
- Long lasting and nice texture using an eyeshadow base
- Nice arrangement of the shadows, looks very playfull and brushes fit in it
- The sponge applicator has two different sides
- Even with eyeshadow base a lot fall-out
- A very granular texture
- The darkest colour in the palette isn't that dark
- The sponge applicator is almost useless
- Very soft texture, so after using it one time, you can really see the difference in the eyeshadow
- Because of the soft texture it's very hard to keep the packaging clean
- €9,99 is very expensive for the quality you get
- Neither of the looks on the back inculdes all of/only the shades in the palette
- This palette is only recommended for brown eyes
Do you like blue eyeshadow?