Monday 11 November 2013

Rimmel London Vinyl Gloss in 530 starlet review!

Hi guys!
A bad thing about me, is that I have tons of lipglosses, but almost never wear them.
I just don't like the sticky texture on my lips,
and when I am at school,
I don't want to think about my bright red lipgloss getting everywhere over my cheeks.
But today I'm going to try it again.
Does this lipgloss (Rimmel London Vinyl Gloss in 530 starlet) ( €8,99 up to €10,00) get all the points?





The Review!





 

As you can see, the packaging is very simple but classy, which I like. Enough information. Rimmel promises us the following: ,, Voluptuously shiny lipgloss!" And from what I can tell, just looking at the outside of the packaging, I think the shining element in here is going to be more than alright. By the way, the lipgloss looks absolutely amazing! A very sweet pink princess-ish colour with warm coloured glimmers. Pretty! As You can see from the pictures, the sponge applicator is small, which isn't a problem to me at all, because this makes applying a lot easier. If you look at the picture above, it isn't hard to guess that it will be hard to keep the opening clean. I opened this once, and as you can see there already is a smear of lipgloss on the side of the opening. But my impression of this lipgloss is good so far !

The swatches! 

 Swatches with Sunlight! (shine bright like a diamond!)
 normal swatch
 without lipgloss
  with lipgloss
   full face
I simply have one word for this lipgloss. Beautifull! A gorgeous pink colour with a pretty shimmer. About the shimmer, when I attempted to wash the swatch of my hand, my hand was full of sticky glitters. Argh! To get the best pigmentation, I highly recommend buildig up the colour. The scent of this lipgloss isn't 'organic', but for sure not chemical. Actually, I really like the scent. You could say it smells like it looks; sweet, a little bit fruity and sparkly... The texture is average sticky and thick. The swatch on my hand feels a lot stickier than when I actually apply it on my lips. On my lips the texture feels really good, and not sticky at all. I also keep trying to smell my upper lip. Hmmm! The gloss lasts, but really needs to be reapplied after a meal.


Cons:

  • Doesn't last that good
  • Not a special colour
  • It is hard to keep the opening of the lipgloss clean
  • If you want the ultimate pigmentation, you need to build up the colour
  • When I tried to wash the swatch of my hand, my hand was covered in glitters

Pros:

  • The shimmer is very beautifull
  • A very pretty natural colour
  • The packaging is clean and classy
  • The packaging tells all the information you need
  • The small sponge applicator that comes with it is, in my opinion, the nicest applicator to apply a lipgloss with
  • The formula/texture is not sticky at all (on your lips), and for that kind off formula it does last a long time.
  • Lovely (sweet)scent!
I'm going to be honest, I still don't wear lipstick/gloss on a daily basis, but if you normally do, I think this lipgloss would suit you very well. This lipgloss is something for you when you like to wear lipproducts that are not that loud, but also not to natural.

What is your favourite lipgloss?

xXx Imke

No comments:

Post a Comment