Tuesday 3 December 2013

Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil Review!

Hi guys!
Ooh winter, what are you doing with us?
Our fingers are freezing of, our legs are dry as the sahara,
and the worst of all, our lips are cracking open like cocoons.
What could possibly save us?
I was asking my self all these important and live saving questions when I saw it.
Lip balms, of course!
What else could save our poor lips?
A wel-known brand, burt's bees comes to the rescue!
Can Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil (£3.69,€3,95) -gosh what a long name- be your superhero?



The review!

  
 The ingredients and content (12m)

 Information on the back of the packaging. Sounds good!
This is my second packaging of this lip balm, because the previous one was empty. The first lip balm I entirely used! The ingredients sound very good, no mineral oils (yay!), but a lot of other caring and hydrating oils and butter. This is what makes me happy! Between brackets, Burt's Bees also has Lip shimmers (€7,95), with a little colour and a lot of shimmer. Normally a cardboard packaging seems like material waste to me, but if you look at the picture with the ingredients, you can see the cardboard is 100% recycled. Pluspoints! Another pro: Burt's bees doesn't do animal testing. The cardboard packaging can be usefull, because you are sure you are the first one to use it.
Tadaa!

100% Natural and the content (4.25 g)!
 The thing with the red sticker on it you peel of like this!
What you see when you pull the edge that says "lift'. The ingredients!
The balm comes out with the usuall rotation system.
 The new opened balm! I love the look of a new lip balm! So smooth...

I love the packaging of the lip balm itself! Practical, playfull and cute. Very smart they also put the ingredients on the stick itself, because of course your are going to throw the cardboard packaging away.

 Without Balm
With balm
Heading over to the substance itself! First off: The smell. Personally, I really like it, tough I know a lot of people don't like it. It's a very unique scent, and I have never smelled it before. It doesn't smell to synthetic, but it also doesn't smell to herbal (both make me nauseous). I can't tell if it smells like pomegranate, because I've never had one before.
The substance is very smooth and feels very moisturizing/hydrating on my lips. It glides on really easy and smooth and feels great! There's a little hint of colour in this balm, (as you can see on the pictures above) which I really like because, as you can see, it makes my upper lip visible for the human eye and it finishes of my daily look perfectly. The lip balm does last very long for a lip balm. I would say 2-3 hours without eating, which is amazing!
This balm really works for my lips, and I have to point out it is amazing for the winter. This product really pays off for the (low-budget) price! An absolute favourite!

Pros:

  • Cardboard packaging is 100% recycled
  • Burt's Bees doesn't do animal testing
  • Personally I really like the smell
  • They also put the ingredients on the packaging of the balm itself
  • I get really happy when I see the ingredients of this Balm ;-)
  • Glides on easy, quick and smooth. No mirror needed!
  • Really Moisturizing/hydrating!
  • Feels Great on my lips
  • Little hint of colour
  • Lasts very long!
  • £3.69,€3,95
  • Easy to get (in drugstores and online)!

Cons:

  • Not everyone likes the smell
  • You can think altough the cardboard is recycled it is a waste
  • Not economical in usage
  • The plastic 'wrap' with the red sticker to protect to cap can be hard to get of neat
Overall: Yes, this lip balm really can be your superhero in the winter! I really love this stuff!

What is your favourite lip balm?

xXx Imke

No comments:

Post a Comment