Tuesday 27 May 2014

Essence Long lasting Eye Pencil 02 Hot Chocolate Review!

Hello Guys!
It's another rainy day outside. 
The sky is gray, and the grass is wet.
You've just cycled home all the way trough the rain.
You are cold an wet.
What's the solution?
Next to a shower and warm dry clothes,
hot chocolate is a good option!
Can this eye pencil replace the sastisfying feeling of clutching your hands around a warm and well-deserved cup of hot chocolate?


 The packaging is good! Strong, cute and usefull! You turn the pencil up, so you don't have to sharpen it.
If you are a trusty follower of my blog, you might have noticed I've done a review of these kind of pencils before. They were different and brighter colours, but you can click here if you want to read the review (I just started my blog when I wrote that review, so the photos aren't so good). On this picture you can see the information on the back!
 This is what the tip looks like! The photo isn't very good, but it was the only one where the camera picked up the colour right. I picked this colour because I like to do a little bit of natural liner to make my lashes look fuller, but I think black is too harsh. So a brown eye liner is perfect, especially if you have blond hair.

The swatches! The pencil is perfectly pigmented as I know Essence, and the texture is smooth and silky, but a little too dry to be creamy. Perfect, because if it's too creamy, it won't last very long. There are no shimmers in the colour, and you can easily make shapes and wings. It's also easy to smudge using a cotto swab, smudger or whatever you have.

So, what's the verdict?

Cons:
  • The packaging might look cheap, but -let's be honest- it is. The price differs, but it normally is around 2 euros
  • Not very precise if you want to make a sharp and clean wing (for clean edges you need to use a cotton swab or concealer)
  • The tip can easily break when you press too hard.
Pros:
  • ± €2,00
  • Cute and nice packaging
  • Great pigmentation
  • Very natural
  • Applies very smooth and has a nice texture
  • Easy to use
  • Easy to smudge
  • Long lasting
  • No need to sharpen, except if you need a sharp tip for a wing or something like that.
So overall, this liner is a good alternative for the traditional hot chocolate. I use it in my daily make-up routine, and it just gives a natural and nice touch to finish it off. I really recommend this product!
xXx Me

No comments:

Post a Comment