Thursday 8 May 2014

Oreo Muffin/Cupcake Recipe!

Hi Guys!
Today I'm sharing a super tasty and fun oreo muffin/cupcake recipe with you!
My mother had her birthday a while ago,
and together with my sister I decided to make some oreo muffins.
So we bought a basic cupcake mix, oreos and we were ready to go!
They turned out really good,
so I wanted to share them with you.
This recipe is super easy and simple!
Let's start!

What do you need?

 The ingredients are:

  • Oreos!
  • A basic cupcake/muffin mix or your favourite cupcake recipe
  • And whatever your mix requires!
  • Here you can also see some cupcake cups, normally you get paper ones with the mix, but I decided to go with something more colourfull.

The tools you need:
  • An electric mixer
  • Two spoons
  • A mixing bowl
And not on the picture:
  • Two plastic bags
  • A scale

Directions:

The picture doesn't look very appealing, but you get the idea: just make your cupcakes following the directions on the box/recipe.


Now take out your oreos (you can decide yourself how many you need, it also depends on the amount of batter you made), put them in plastic bag and tie a knot in it. Now take you your second bag, put it over the first one and also tie a knot a knot in this one. If you don't do that and the first bag tears apart (which will most likely happen), you will have orea crumble all over your kitchen, believe me, I learned it the hard way. Now you have to crumble up your oreos! There are a lot of way to do this. You can just beat it, crush is with a knife or rolling pin, just see what works best for you.

Take your mashed oreos and mix them through your batter. I didn't use a mixer for this because i didn't want the crumble up the oreos even more, so I just used a spoon for that.
The next step is to  divide your oreo cupcake goodness into your cups. I used the two spoons for this, you can use whatever you like, but if you want to pipe the batter just make sure the nozzle/tip is big enough to let through the oreo bits. After that just pop the cupcakes in the oven as long as required!
 While the cupcakes are baking, melt some chocolate au bain marie or make some buttercream/whipped cream. Then take some of you left over oreos and also crumble these up, but a lot more rough than the ones that went in the batter. These still need to be recognizable so you can use them to decorate.
  
When the cupcakes can be taken out of the oven just let them cool down and decorate them using buttercream/melted chocolate/whipped cream and the oreos you just crumbled. Done!


  
So that was this recipe! As you can see it really is super simple and it is an amazing hack into normal, boring cupcakes! I hoped you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed eating my cupcakes and I hope you will make these oreo treats too!
What is your favourite cupcake hack?
xXx Me

No comments:

Post a Comment