Monday 3 November 2014

Catrice Prime and Fine Smoothing Refiner Review

Hi Guys!
A personal problem of mine with make-up is how long it lasts.
I have pretty oily eye(lids), so nothing lasts (good) for a long time.
I've tried plenty of primers, but nothing really worked like I wanted it to.
So that's why I decided to give this one a try!
Let's get started!

   For the price (4,99), the packaging/jar is really high quality. It feels very steady and looks chique. The design is simple and classic, but still elegant. It isn't very hygenic (you always have to use your fingers to get to the product), but you could solve that by making sure your hands are clean or use a clean tool to get it out. The bottom looks like glass, but is just plastic. However this doesn't bother me at all; it isn't very important to me.
This is the discription on the back. On Catrice's website, however, I found a little more detailed description.

"CATRICE presents Prime and Fine – the new range of professional products for an excellent foundation. Ideal preparation: the Smoothing Refiner. The oil-free silicone-based primer practically makes pores disappear and fills out wrinkles for a smooth, refined 
complexion. Now you’re ready for your grand entry! Comes in a high-quality jar."

As you can read the primer is silicone based. Personally, I don't really have problem with that, but if you have a very sensitive skin, I would recommend buying silicone-based skin products. As far as smooth and refined complexion goes, I still have to see that!

This is what the consistancy looks like. It looks very creamy with a hint of pink, wich is okay with me. There is no to nearly no smell, but when I paid attention to it, I could smell a little whiff of chemicals which are probably the silicones. On to swatches then!
The consistency is really creamy, however, when on body temperature, the primer is blended really easy. The pink colour luckily fades away completely.
Overall I really like the primer, it makes my concealer and bb cream last a lot longer. I only use it under my eyes, because I feel like silicones over my whole face everyday isn't a very good decision. Because that's definitely something you can feel when applying the primer: silicones. It doesn't bother me, but again, if you don't like them, this is not for you. You complexion surely isn't flawless after using this primer, but it's a step in the right direction.

In the end, I'm really happy with this primer! It isn't perfect (which was not what I expected), but it works a lot better then other primers I've tried. It makes my make-up look better for a longer period of time, looks good and isn't too expensive. For me, this is a recommendation!
xXx Me

No comments:

Post a Comment